About the SHAPE Trial
Are You or Someone You Know Living with Parkinson’s Disease Dementia or Dementia with Lewy Bodies? Consider Participating in the SHAPE Trial.
The SHAPE Trial is a Phase 2 Study of an Investigational Drug for the Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease Dementia and Dementia with Lewy Bodies.
“ATH-1017 is a fast acting, novel approach that may have long lasting results”.
The SHAPE Trial is evaluating if a new investigational drug fosgonimeton (ATH-1017) is safe and effective in improving symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease Dementia and Dementia with Lewy Bodies. Fosgonimeton is designed to boost a repair and regenerative pathway for brain cells, promoting brain health and function. Fosgonimeton represents a new approach to treat Parkinson’s Disease Dementia and Dementia with Lewy Bodies, potentially targeting the root cause of memory decline by repairing brain cells and rebuilding brain networks.
Example mechanism of action video for fosgonimeton in Alzheimer's Disease. The same mechanism and therapeutic potential may apply to Parkinson's Disease Dementia or Dementia with Lewy Bodies.
You or someone you know may be eligible if you:
- Are between 40 and 85 years of age
- Have experienced memory problems and have been diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease Dementia or Dementia with Lewy Bodies
- Have a reliable support person or caregiver who is willing to participate in study visits, report on daily activities and oversee or help you with taking fosgonimeton
- Study participation and study drug are free to all participants enrolled in the study
- You may receive a stipend to compensate for time and effort for study participation including meals, travel, etc.
* The safety and efficacy of fosgonimeton for the treatment of Parkinson’s Disease Dementia and Dementia with Lewy Bodies has not been previously established. Talk to your doctor about participating in Athira’s clinical trials of fosgonimeton.